Artist statemen

I have come to the realization that I like to create. Whether its building from something that have already been created or starting for scratch. Building off someone's else creation is my practice. It is where I learn, gain confidence, and become inspired to create my own.   
When I am creating a story, I want people to see a world that they did not know existed or perhaps that has never been seen. I want people to desire or fear this world but at the as time cannot comprehend what it would be like to live in it. I will prevent the visuals so that the audience can provide their own imagination to the experience. For example, try to imagine a new colorYou cannot. This is because your brain has nothing to build from. You can only think of variations of colors that are already known. But it is still fun to try to think of this new color.  
This idea of wanting my audience to imagine the experience sprung up from the enjoyment of readingInstead of imagining the characters and setting which you would while reading. I want people to have enjoyment trying to grasp or understand what it is that there are seeing.  

Comments

Popular Posts